Winter storm preparation involves buying the following in the Badger household:
1. Toilet Paper. A necessity in any situation
2. Those super expensive pre-packaged cut up fruit with the caramel dips for the kids. Betty caught me at a weak moment, when I was looking for Cheshire cheese (which I didn’t find)
3. Cake mix and frosting. We made a cake the day before Hurricane Sandy hit. That cake sustained us for days when we lost power. I think it may become an emergency tradition.
4. Milk, because I am a grown-up after all.
5. Bacon….because it’s that good
As of 8:30pm school still hasn’t been cancelled for tomorrow, but I’m fully expecting a 6:00am wake-up call from the school’s automated alert system. The kids are in full snowstorm mode; the boots, snowpants, and sleds have all been found in preparation. There will be real disappointment in the Badger household if we just get a little dusting, but I’m quite confident that we will get a proper amount of snow.
For the third night this week I dragged the kids to the gym with me to get my run in. This is what happens when Mr. Badger is away, and I start to feel guilty until I realize that the kids LOVE the gym child care, then I don’t feel so bad. I was looking forward to my easy run tonight. After last night’s
torture workout I was ready for an easy 6 miles. The fact that I could watch Chicago Fire on Hulu Plus while I ran helped as well. It was a great run, I felt strong, and finished happy. What more can you ask for?
I hope everyone in the storm’s path stays safe and warm over the next few days. If you run out of food, and live in Northern NJ just let me know, we’ll have cake to spare!